Open Mic Mondays Poster Competition
Melting Pot’s Open Mic Mondays are returning in November – but this time at a new location – Horse Bazaar. We are conducting a competition which invites you to design a poster for the return of our event, starting today (Monday 15 October).
While we have previously had individuals design posters for our events, we saw this new event as a great opportunity to get in touch with more visual artists and give our own audience and followers an insight into the talent around in this creative field.
How to enter:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a copy of the Melting Pot logo, examples of previous posters for our open mic night for those that are interested and visual artist signup form (to be on our website).
- The details that must be included in the poster are as follows (the exact wording can be altered as long as the meaning is not changed):
- Melting Pot Presents Open Mic Mondays
- Every Monday from 7:30pm at Horse Bazaar
- Free Entry
- To sign up, contact us at email@example.com
- Free drink for all performers before 8:30pm
- 397 Little Lonsdale Street Melbourne 3000
- When you are happy with your entry, email it to us (in pdf, jpg or psd at a size that could be printed at A3 without losing quality) at firstname.lastname@example.org before 12am Monday 22nd of October.
- Make sure you are signed up to our website.
- Voting for the best design will start on Tuesday the 23rd of October – once all entries have been uploaded online – and will continue till 5pm on Tuesday the 30th of October.
The winner (by vote on facebook) will receive $150 to be utilised however they see fit.
All entries will feature on our website, on our facebook and will be available for people to view at the Open Mic night. All entrants will also be able to signup to our website and have their own profile page as a visual artist.
The winning design will be used by Melting Pot to promote the event – online, in street press and around the city. Beyond this, all rights and ownership of the poster will stay with the artist that designed it.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
The views expressed in this article are the views of the author and not necessarily the views of Melting Pot.